Give me your guilt

I want to try something. When I was with Therapist yesterday she set me a challenge - I'm to leave my guilt in her office until I see her again in two weeks time. You see, right now, I feel guilty about EVERYTHING, and I quite simply cannot do right for doing wrong. No matter what I do, I'm thinking about what I should  be doing instead. Even as I write this, guilt is hanging over me. I feel guilty for feeling guilty, it would be laughable if it wasn't such a monumental pain in my ass.

So, here's what I want to try. I'm going to do my best to leave guilt alone for the next 2 weeks and do what she suggested - every time I feel guilty about something, remind myself that it belongs in her office. But I'm thinking that this guilt isn't unique to me, so I thought we could try a communal giving up of guilt. Here's what I'm hoping - mail me, comment below, message on facebook, twitter, whatever way you see fit - but let me know what it is you feel guilty about, be it one big thing or a multitude of little things. I'm going to pull everything together, and then I'm going to fire it out into the interweb in the hope that we can get some relief from it. What do you think? Want to try?

I've no idea who David Roppo is/was but clearly an insightful individual

Labels: