Traffic lights

Much and all as I'm sure you're absolutely riveted by my musings on changing meds, I'd like to talk about something different today, something that could help easily explain how you're feeling. We came up with some novel (and very much not PC) categories in my house but this makes a whole lot more sense. I can't claim credit for a lot of this content, it was sent to me by a reader, I've just adapted it to suit my own needs. 

Anne, thank you!



 Traffic Lights (or, an easy way to answer 'how are you doing?')
Green

Yellow


Orange
By now I'm in very dangerous territory and unless I manage myself really carefully (or more to the point at this stage, Hubby, friends, Therpist help me manage) I cross over into red. Red is bad, very, very bad.

Red
So there you have it. I really like this. When Anne sent it to me first, I could identify with so much of what she had written. Lots of the above are my own, but, lots are hers, which is interesting in that it really goes to show just how similar we all feel with depression. 

And today? Today, surprisingly enough considering I'm tapering meds, I'm good, somewhere between yellow and green, and tending more towards green. I'm being very mindful of what I'm doing at the moment, and trying to be aware of what I need physically and emotionally, rather than what I want (which can often be the exact opposite of what I need). I'm eating well (mostly), I'm getting lots of sleep, I'm walking my dogs, I'm doing some very gentle, restorative yoga and I'm using headspace. And I'm still standing!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,